    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2010
      Om Sri Hanumate Namah!

      March 30th is the birthday of Lord Sri Hanuman. In
      honour of this occasion we uploaded an article by Sri
      Swami Chidanandaji titled "Strength and Humility" at:

      There are also several articles on Hanuman Jayanthi
      and the life of Hanuman by Sri Swami Sivanandaji. They

      1) Hanuman Jayanthi

      2) Sri Hanuman

      The following book chapters were uploaded to Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji's site:

      1) From "True Spiritual Living":
      * Chapter 21: Mind Control is Self Control

      2) From "Commentary on the Panchadasi"
      * Discourse 18: Chapter 4: Dvaita Viveka -
      Discrimination of Duality (Verses 10-26)

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      Book Synopsis

      Easy Path to God-Realisation
      By Swami Sivananda

      The ancient Dharma whose proud progenitors we ever
      call ourselves to be has lost its past glory and
      sanctity on account of our contact with alien cultures
      these thousand and odd years. Changing our customs at
      every age, our manners at every stage of life, we have
      forgotten completely the steps of a well-regulated
      life which the Law-givers of yore chiselled for our
      spiritual advancement. The four Ashrams or stages in
      every man's career have thus fallen into misuse and in
      these days one looks upon them with disrespect if not
      in scorn.

      The revered author's object in the succeeding pages of
      the present work is to give every stage of life its
      true values and take the reader by hand from one
      labyrinth to another through its numerous intricate
      winding passages till he reaches the final stage and
      enjoys within himself the summum bonum of such a
      precious existence. The life to be lived at every
      stage, its objects and results on the evolving soul
      are clearly explained and thus the "Easy Path" has
      been again made free from pitfalls and snares that
      sprang through misuse of countless years and made
      smooth for all the true seekers to tread the same in
      their onward march to "God-realisation".

      For more information, please visit:

      A DEVOTEE'S OFFERING: Among those who had come to the
      Ashram in 1948 for the Diamond Jubilee, was one
      Liliane Shamash of California. One fine morning, with
      a stroke of the pen, she donated Rs. 40,000 to the

      He joyously flourished the cheque before her and said,
      "You have saved all my manuscripts. I will have all of
      them printed at once."

      And immediately he arranged to despatch the precious
      manuscripts to printing presses in Allahabad,
      Bangalore and Madras.

      "There are many who want wealth in return for their
      services. Some do not want wealth, but they cannot
      resist name and fame. Others do not want any of these,
      but they want approbation. Still others want nothing,
      but they boast of their deeds. Hanuman was above all
      these. That is why he is recognised as an ideal Karma
      Yogi and an unsurpassed adept in Bhakti. His life is
      full of object lessons. Everyone should try his best
      to follow the noble example of Hanuman." - Swami

      Other Sivananda related lists:
      1) Sivananda Daily Readings

      2) Sivananda's Thought for the Day

      3) Sivananda Daily Readings & Thought for the Day

      4) Various Selections from Sivananda's Works