    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2010
      Om Sri Ramaya Namah!

      March 24th marks the birthday of Lord Sri Rama (Rama
      Navami). In honour of this occasion we uploaded an
      article by Sri Swami Sivanandaji at:

      A discourse delivered during Sri Rama Navami in 1966
      by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji titled "The Purpose of
      Avatars" has been posted at:

      The March 2010 issue of the Divine Life magazine has
      been posted at:

      Hindi version:

      Some of the articles in the latest issue are:
      1) Lesson of 'Ramayana' by Sri Swami Sivananda
      2) Bhakti Bhava by Sri Swami Chidananda
      3) True Religion by Sri Swami Krishnananda
      4) Strength and Humility by Sri Swami Chidananda
      5) Difficulties by Sri Swami Atmaswarupananda
      6) Lust and Passion by Sri Swami Sivananda
      7) Foundation of Yoga and Realisation
      8) Khanda-Dant Chanakya by Sri Swami Ramarajyam
      9) Bhakti Yoga by Sri Swami Sivananda
      10) The Problem of Evil by Rajat Kumar Pradhan

      1) In Memoriam of Sri Swami Satyanandaji
      2) Seva Through Sivananda Home
      3) Christmas Eve Celebrations and the Christmas
      4) Cultural Tour of H.H. Sri Swami Nirliptanandaji
      5) Cultural Tour of H.H. Sri Swami Padmanabhanandaji

      The following book chapters were uploaded to Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji's site:

      1) From "True Spiritual Living":
      * Chapter 20: The Psychology of Yoga

      2) From "Commentary on the Panchadasi"
      * Discourse 17: Chapter 3: Pancha Kosha Viveka -
      Discrimination of the Five Sheaths (Verses 37-43)

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      Book Synopsis

      Divine Nectar
      By Swami Sivananda

      This earthly plane is finite, limited and subject to
      change and destruction. Unless some saving power comes
      to the rescue of humanity to extricate it from the
      hopelessness of inadequate concepts and imperfect
      ideologies, the humanity would be irretrievably lost.

      This saving power should be necessarily the opposite
      of the materialistic forces, and should lead a man to
      the real goal and achievement of human life. Really
      they should be more powerful than the materialistic
      forces lest they lose the battle. The world has always
      been fortunate to have the support of such spiritual
      powers which remedied the ills of humanity, and
      bestowed a new lease of life, full of light and
      happiness, on its votaries. It is a pity only a few
      always sought for light!
      We place before the beloved aspirant-world another
      work of Master Sivananda, the Master of the New Age,
      containing a masterly exposition of the principles and
      methods of practice of the life-saving spiritual

      Aptly it has been named as "DIVINE NECTAR", as the
      aspirant once tasting a drop of it will not rest
      content until he gulps the whole lot. Siva's writings
      are not pedantic boredoms, but a sweet music of depth
      and beauty thrilling its hearers and readers, and
      transforming them top-to-bottom unawares. They are
      simple, directly addressed and unfailing in hitting
      the desired target. Nectar is itself the distilled
      essence of many sweet flowers, and in the same way
      this very helpful book is the distillation of the
      sweet and holy wisdom of Swami Sivananda. Sayings,
      teachings, thought gems, pearls of wisdom, spiritual
      experiences, and inspirational talks are available in
      a very simple format.

      Dear Reader, dive deep into the nectarine writings of
      this work and be blessed.

      For more information, please visit:

      GOD'S GRACE: A well-wisher once suggested that the
      Divine Life magazine, which had been running at a
      loss, be discontinued until the general financial
      position of the Ashram improved.

      The Master remarked, "I cannot think of stopping a
      magazine, whatever be the loss. Actually, I am
      thinking of starting a few more magazines. It does not
      matter if we incur a little loss in the beginning. How
      much knowledge we give to the public! God will give us
      money when He thinks fit. We have to go on working. If
      today we are getting over ten thousand rupees a month,
      it is due to God's Grace and the work that we did ten
      years ago. The effect of the increased volume of work
      that we have undertaken today will be seen after ten
      years. Money is pouring in at present. Later on gold
      will flow into the Society as from an ocean."

      "It is impossible to think of God as He is. To think
      of God as He is, we have to cease to be. Hence, the
      idea of Avatara is given - as He is to man, as He is
      manifest. Avatara is the connecting link between the
      ordinary human nature and the divine." - Swami

      Other Sivananda related lists:
      1) Sivananda Daily Readings

      2) Sivananda's Thought for the Day

      3) Sivananda Daily Readings & Thought for the Day

      4) Various Selections from Sivananda's Works