    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010

      Today, March 1, is the festival of Holi. The
      significance of this festival has been explained by
      Sri Swami Sivanandaji in his book "Hindu Fasts and
      Festivals":
      http://www.dlshq.org/religions/holi.htm

      We have uploaded an article on entitled "Meditation--
      Your Only Duty" by Sri Swami Sivanandaji at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/messages/medduty.htm

      We have updated the spiritual calendar for 2010/2011
      at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/religions/calendar.htm

      The following book chapters were uploaded to Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji's site:

      1) From "True Spiritual Living":
      * Chapter 17: Pranayama
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/living/living_17.html

      2) From "Commentary on the Panchadasi"
      * Discourse 11: Chapter 2: Pancha Mahabhuta Viveka -
      Discrimination of the Elements (Verses 60-77)
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/panchadasi/pan_11.html

      * Discourse 12: Chapter 2: Pancha Mahabhuta Viveka -
      Discrimination of the Elements (Verses 78-99)
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/panchadasi/pan_12.html

      * Discourse 13: Chapter 2: Pancha Mahabhuta Viveka -
      Discrimination of the Elements (Verses 100-109)
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/panchadasi/pan_13.html

      * Discourse 14: Chapter 3: Pancha Kosha Viveka -
      Discrimination of the Five Sheaths (Verses 1-10)
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/panchadasi/pan_14.html

      Book Synopsis

      Dhyana Yoga
      By Swami Sivananda

      Meditation is the key which unlocks the treasure-trove
      of the highest intelligence, of wisdom, of divinity,
      of genius. No man who wishes to make a success of his
      life can afford to neglect it.

      The genius among scientists, the successful
      businessman, the best among philosophers, the Yogi and
      the seeker after Truth, all of them meditate. Their
      achievements are the fruits of their meditation.

      The secrets of meditation have remained the close
      preserve of Yogis, till the Sage of the Himalayas, Sri
      Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj, in his supreme compassion
      and all-consuming love for all mankind, came forward
      to elucidate the philosophical foundation, the method,
      the experiences, the obstacles and the successful
      fulfilment of meditation.

      His writings on this vital subject are presented by
      him in this inspiring book.

      For more information, please visit:
      http://www.dlshq.org/books/es33.htm

      IMPRESSIONS OF VISITORS: Months after the Master's
      tour of India and Ceylon, a group of savants from
      Tamil Nadu visited the Ashram. Sivagnana Gramani was
      one of them.

      Addressing the Satsang gathering at night, he said,
      "When Swamiji visited Madras, the Madras Corporation
      accorded a civic reception to him. I noticed the
      expression of peace and joy on his face on that day
      when that civic body honoured him. I see him again in
      this small gathering. I see not the slightest
      difference in his calm countenance. Surely he has
      attained the peace that passeth all understanding."

      "You are never alone. God is always with you and in
      your heart. He is very close to you. He desires you
      more than you Him. Therefore drop all fright and
      fears." - Swami Sivananda

      2) Sivananda's Thought for the Day
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SivanandasThoughtForTheDay/

      3) Sivananda Daily Readings & Thought for the Day
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dlsmalaysia/

      4) Various Selections from Sivananda's Works
      http://www.sivananda.org/publications/mailinglists/