    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2009

      We have uploaded an article by Sri N. Ananthanarayananji
      titled "Fate, Free Will and God's Will" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/messages/freewill.htm

      The following book chapters have been uploaded to Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji's site:

      1) From "True Spiritual Living":
      Chapter 8: Psychological Non-Attachment
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/living/living_08.html

      2) From "Commentary on the Panchadasi":
      Discourse 5: Chapter 1: Tattva Viveka - Discrimination of
      Reality (Verses 44-55)
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/panchadasi/pan_05.html

      Book Synopsis

      Daily Readings
      By Swami Sivananda

      His Holiness Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj did not write
      textbooks as such. The books he wrote were the outpourings
      of wisdom from his own direct realisation of the Truth.

      From his books you will derive not only the benefit of his
      wisdom and knowledge of both practical and esoteric matters
      pertaining to Yoga, but also the power of his spiritual
      force.

      Sri Swami Sivanandaji had a unique style--simple, direct and
      compelling. His books are not dull treatises on Yoga and
      philosophy, rather his enthusiasm and eagerness to help all
      is evident in every page, lifting the reader to new heights
      of understanding.

      A good, holy thought to start the day with, is more precious
      than all the wealth you can acquire and all the happiness
      that you can enjoy during the day.

      These divine thoughts will, if meditated upon in the early
      morning hours of every day, enrich your daily life in every
      way. They are illuminating and are assigned the functions of
      shaping the spiritual development of the readers.

      For more information, please visit:
      http://www.dlshq.org/books/es73.htm

      WORK AND WORSHIP: The Master discovered that often his
      disciples failed to grasp fully what he tried to convey to
      them. So he spoke his mind to a senior aspirant.

      "I grieve to find that many a time my own students fail to
      catch my meaning. When I urge them to dedicate their very
      lives to the cause of selfless service, I in no way mean
      that they should neglect their personal Sadhana in the name
      of work. Sadhana has to be done systematically during a
      specified period daily, both in the early morning and in the
      evening. Such kind of spiritual routine is not at all
      incompatible with active work during the rest of the day.
      The point I stress is that even the work should become
      spiritual Sadhana by the adoption of the feeling that one is
      only an instrument in the hands of the Lord and that all
      work is an offering unto Him. Then the entire daily activity
      will form worship.

      "The life of aspirants who adopt this attitude will brighten
      up into an effulgent light offered daily to the Lord
      manifest as the created universe. How many devoted and pious
      householders are even now diligently practising systematic
      Sadhana together with their social duties! If you rational
      youth do not see the logic and psychology of the powerful
      influence that one's mental attitude and suggestion exert on
      all actions, how then do you expect the masses and the
      laymen to understand the theory or philosophy of Karma Yoga?
      Abandon all queer, preconceived notions of what Sadhana is
      and what it is not. All selfless activity that is done with
      reverence constitutes highest Sadhana. If you practise doing
      all work in the spirit of worship, there cannot be any
      feeling of despondency at all."

      "Right from the very beginning of one's spiritual life, one
      must understand clearly that in true 'humanity'--sincere
      desire to root out gradually pride, egoism and jealousy,
      earnest and unceasing introspection to find out one's own
      defects and improve oneself--lies one's hope of progress.
      Without this basis, any form of Sadhana becomes a delusion
      and a waste. It makes the aspirant puffed up, more proud and
      egoistic. When this happens, all good advice and
      instructions fall flat upon him. Higher influences cease to
      have any effect as the aspirant becomes deliberately and
      obstinately non-receptive to them. Eternal vigilance should
      be exercised if he is to avoid falling into this dangerous
      state. Spiritual life is not a light matter." - Swami
      Sivananda

      2) Sivananda's Thought for the Day
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SivanandasThoughtForTheDay/

      3) Sivananda Daily Readings & Thought for the Day
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dlsmalaysia/

      4) Various Selections from Sivananda's Works
      http://www.sivananda.org/publications/mailinglists/