    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2009

      We have uploaded an article by Sri Swami Chidanandaji
      titled "The Ultimate Success" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/jun2009.htm

      Picture reports of a number of functions and
      festivals at Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh, have been
      posted. These include:
      1) Deepavali Celebration
      2) Skanda Shasthi At Sivananda Ashram
      3) Inaugural Function of Sivananda Archives
      4) Annavishek of Lord Viswanath on Kartik Full-Moon
      Day

      The above may be accessed from:
      http://sivanandaonline.org/html/whats_new.shtm

      There are several new articles and book chapters that
      have been uploaded to Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's
      site. Some of the articles and book chapters include:

      1) The Canons of a Perfect Life - Being comprehensive
      selections from the Bhagavadgita
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/canon/ca_1.html

      2) A Textbook of Yoga
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/textbook.html

      3) True Spiritual Living
      Chapter 1: Spirituality is the Expansion of Being
      Chapter 2: The Difficulty in Following the Spiritual
      Path
      Chapter 3: The Need to be Utterly Spiritual in Our
      Aspirations
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/living.html

      4) Sadhana Shakti
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_156.html

      Book Synopsis

      Concentration & Meditation
      By Swami Sivananda

      "Concentration and Meditation" form the inner core of
      the practice of Yoga. It is the key to the door of
      Inner Illumination and constitutes the central pivot
      round which all Sadhana in the spiritual field
      revolves. Dharana and Dhyana are the Yoga proper,
      leading to the consummation, Samadhi and Sakshatkara
      or Realisation.

      Revered Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj gives in this
      compact and exhaustive treatise on the great subject
      a thorough-going exposition of the intricacies of
      "Concentration and Meditation," in a manner only a
      Master on the path would be able to do. Intensely
      practical, the work is an imperative to seekers and
      students on the Sadhana-Marga. Literature on this
      subject being very rare, we have endeavoured to bring
      out the present edition. We cannot see any better
      book on the subject to be placed in the hands of
      students of this phase of Yoga.

      There is more information at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/books/es27.htm

      MOTHER, THE FIRST GURU: The Master talked to suit
      time, place and circumstance. He said the right thing
      at the right time. Addressing the staff and students
      of the Central Hindu Girls' School, Madras, he began
      with charming innocence.

      "What shall I talk to you about? You are my first
      Guru. Everything man has learnt from you. The child
      asks his mother, 'Mother, what is this? Ma, what is
      that?' and learns everything. You are the Guru of
      Gurus."

      Slowly he picked up sequence and speed and, before he
      ended his speech, made the exhortation, "Let patience
      be your necklace. Let love be your apparel. Don't
      forget that the Atma is the beauty of beauties. There
      is no need for external beautification at all. How
      can you beautify beauty itself? Wear the divine
      virtues as ornaments. Self-restraint, modesty,
      simplicity, patience, generosity--these are your real
      ornaments."

      "We receive from others what we make them do. It is
      not people who do things to other people; rather it
      is people who make other people do things for them,
      in a way, which they have worked for. We play with
      life in such a way that things do not merely happen
      to us, but we make them happen to us." - Swami
      Chidananda

      2) Sivananda's Thought for the Day
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SivanandasThoughtForTheDay/

      3) Sivananda Daily Readings & Thought for the Day
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dlsmalaysia/

      4) Various Selections from Sivananda's Works
      http://www.sivananda.org/publications/mailinglists/subscribe.html