    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2009
      Om Sri Hanumate Namah!

      April 9th is the holy appearance day of Sri Hanuman.
      In honour of this occasion we uploaded an article by
      Sri Swami Sivanandaji on Sri Hanuman at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/religions/hanuman2.htm

      The following articles have been posted at Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji's site:
      1) Hinduism and the Vedanta
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_145.html

      2) The Laws and the Stages of Life in Hinduism
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_146.html

      In addition, several new commentaries on the Bhagavad
      Gita by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji have been uploaded.
      Some of these titles are:
      - Worshipping Deities
      - The Gospel of Universal Religion
      - The Glory of God and His Creation

      These discourses can be accessed from:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/uploads.html

      Book Synopsis

      Ananda Gita
      By Swami Sivananda

      This small volume written by Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      Maharaj, is appearing in print for the fourth time.

      A study and, what is more important, diligent
      practice of the lessons, would convince the reader
      beyond all doubt that this small volume gives the
      essence of Yoga Sadhana in a most practical manner.

      The simple, lucid, direct and forceful style that
      characterises Sri Swamiji's writings is born of more
      than a quarter of a century of Tapas, meditation,
      intense practical application of Yoga Sadhana, and
      sympathetic understanding of the aspirant's problems
      that Sri Swamiji Maharaj has been solving by his
      spiritual preceptorship to thousands all over the
      world.

      The chapters include: What is Divine Life, Way of
      Attainment, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raja Yoga, Jnana
      Yoga and Other Yogas.

      May all the readers be spiritually illumined and be
      blessed with this unique book come from one great
      saint.

      There is more information at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/books/es7.htm

      REFORMING BAD CHARACTERS: At one time there was in
      the Ashram a young man of violent behaviour, who used
      to dispose of Ashram property for his personal gain.
      The Master insisted on keeping him in the
      institution, saying, "I must serve him and reform
      him. Let him be here."

      From the very beginning the Master took the greatest
      delight in serving the bad characters. In one of his
      earliest letters written in the thirties to a
      disciple in Madras, he said, "I want around me any
      number of people who will abuse me, vilify me, insult
      me and even injure me. I wish to serve them, educate
      them, elevate them and transform them."

      "The world has not yet seen, and will not see in
      future also, a mighty hero like Sri Hanuman. During
      His life-time, He worked wonders and exhibited
      superhuman feats of strength and valour. He has left
      behind Him a name which, as long as the world lasts,
      will continue wielding a mighty influence over the
      minds of millions of people." - Swami Sivananda.

      2) Sivananda's Thought for the Day
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SivanandasThoughtForTheDay/