    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2009

      The March issue of the DLS Magazine has been posted
      at:
      http://sivanandaonline.org/html/magazine/e-magazine.shtm

      The table of contents is listed below:

      Articles:
      1) Five Obstacles to Progress by Swami Sivananda
      2) Prasanta Manas--A Fit Instrument For Meditation by
      Swami Chidananda
      3) The Search for Truth by Swami Krishnananda
      4) Many Facets of Identity by Swami Shivapremananda
      5) What Are We To Be Liberated From? by Swami
      Atmaswarupananda
      6) Yoga for Health: Sitali by Swami Chidananda
      7) Lust and Passion by Swami Sivananda
      8) Sivananda's Gospel of Divine Life
      9) Children's Page: The Supreme Wealth by Swami
      Ramarajyam

      News:
      1) Seva Through Sivananda Home
      2) Ashram Celebrates Maha Sivaratri
      2) H.H. Sri Swami Vimalanandaji Maharaj's Spiritual
      And Cultural Tour To Bikaner
      3) Cultural Tour of H.H. Sri Swami Nirliptanandaji
      Maharaj

      Please note that the request for "Sharing my memories
      with Swami Chidananda" is due tomorrow (31st March
      2009). I am reproducing the request by Swami
      Vimalanandaji below.

      AN IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR DEVOTEES
      SHARE YOUR MEMORIES ABOUT SRI SWAMI CHIDANANDAJI
      MAHARAJ!
      Following the earnest requests from so many noble
      souls we have started collecting details regarding
      any interesting incidents, memories or experiences
      which anyone has had with our beloved and Worshipful
      Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj. Those who would like
      to share any kind of information in this regard may
      kindly send their narrative, preferably typed, to the
      Ashram by the end of March 2009. We gratefully
      appreciate if it could be sent as early as possible.
      You may also send it as an attachment through e-mail
      address to: generalsecretary@... by
      mentioning the subject as "Sharing my memories with
      Swami Chidananda". Those who prefer to send the
      matter by post may mention on their envelope "Sharing
      my memories with Swami Chidananda" and send it to:
      The President,
      The Divine Life Society,
      Shivanandanagar-249 192,
      Dist. Tehri-Garhwal,
      Uttarakhand,
      INDIA.

      Book Synopsis

      Analects of Swami Sivananda
      By Swami Sivananda

      His Holiness Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj did not
      write text books as such. The books he wrote were the
      outpourings of wisdom from his own direct realisation
      of the Truth.

      From his books you will derive not only the benefit
      of his wisdom and knowledge of both practical and
      esoteric matters pertaining to Yoga, but also the
      power of his spiritual force.

      Swamiji had a unique style-simple, direct and
      compelling. His books are not dull treatises on Yoga
      and philosophy, rather his enthusiasm and eagerness
      to help all is evident in every page, lifting the
      reader to new heights of understanding. His message
      is addressed particularly and directly to the people
      living in the busy world of today. To them his books
      are a boon. In simple words set in simple sentences,
      Swamiji gives grand truths in a gentle way.

      Here is another gem from the Diadem of Divine Life.
      It radiates the light of Divine Life that Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji Maharaj has been shedding from the past
      many years.

      THE ANALECTS deals with the fundamental problems of
      life and gives in a succinct, clear and inspiring
      language the essentials of a divine life.

      There is more information at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/books/es16.htm

      ABSCONDING DISCIPLE: The Master's strange reaction
      was not born of any fear complex, though. When in
      1935 the possibility of some litigation with
      reference to the publication work of the Ashram was
      being discussed, he wrote to a disciple: "One should
      have every experience, then only will fear and the
      feeling of shame disappear."

      In 1955, when the Ashram authorities were hesitating
      to file a charge of embezzlement against an
      absconding inmate, the Master told them clearly, "if
      that is the right thing to do, do it. I am not afraid
      to go to court. We should welcome dishonour as well
      as honour."

      "They say that procrastination is the thief of time,
      postponing a work which needs to be done immediately.
      There is no use committing the same mistake again and
      again and resolving every day to avoid it, but with
      no success. Something positive has to be done with
      strength of will." - Swami Krishnananda