    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 1999
      Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 16:55:10 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (45)

      Thanks to Sri Swami Vivekayuktanandaji Maharaj'�s gift, we now have more
      pictures of Sivanandashram at Rishikesh and Swami Sivananda Centenary
      Charitable Hospital at Pattamadai (birth place of the Holy Master). There
      are also beautiful photographs of senior disciples of the Holy Master. All
      these can be accessed from
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/5892/pannir.html

      DOMESTIC HARMONY: A visitor narrated to the Master the unhappy relation
      that existed between him and his wife, who was very disobedient to him,
      and sought his advice.

      The Master asked, "Why did you marry? You have read my books and you know
      I always say, '�Do not marry, do not marr''�."

      The Master then said, "You must also be obedient to her. Satisfy her
      wishes. Let her stay in your father-in-law�s place for a month."

      The Master gave the visitor the sacred ash for applying on his wife'�
      forehead. He departed after prostrating.

      "Enjoy by renunciation, not by possession. The enjoyment that comes by
      renunciation is more intense than the enjoyment that comes by possession
      of the things of the world. That satisfaction or pleasure or enjoyment
      which seems to come to us by the acquisition of the objects of sense, is a
      pain that comes to us in the guise of satisfaction. But that joy which
      comes to us by renunciation is a real and permanent joy." - Swami
      Krishnananda