Birthday of Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj (2008)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2008

      "The divine scales weigh human actions not only by
      the measures of the prayer recited and Mantras
      chanted, not only by the measures of candles lit,
      lights waved, bells rung and books read, but let me
      tell you clearly that the divine scales measure man
      by the quality of the feelings harboured in the
      heart, by the very words with which you speak and
      address your neighbours and by each and every simple
      action of yours in your dealings with all those
      amongst whom Providence has decreed that you live
      your life." - Swami Chidananda

      Today (Sept. 24) is the holy occasion of worshipful
      Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj's 92nd birthday
      anniversary. In celebration of this occasion we
      uploaded an article on Revered Swamiji Maharaj by Sri
      Swami Venkatesanandaji titled "Incarnate Compassion
      And Renunciation" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/saints/chida_compassion.htm

      We have produced some excerpts below from Sri Swami
      Pranavanandaji's article on Swamiji for our
      meditation.

      Excerpts from "Pujya Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj-A
      Mini-Biography" by Swami Pranavanandaji, founder of the
      DLS in Malaysia.

      The writer had the opportunity of being with Swamiji
      Maharaj during this tour at the Yoga World
      Brotherhood Convention held at the end of August,
      1969 at the Sivananda Yoga-Vedanta Centre
      Headquarters at Val Morin in Canada (it was here that
      an array of seven disciples of Gurudev headed by
      Swami Chidanandaji appeared on the stage); then in
      New York; in Paris; at Aalst; then at Brussels at an
      International Yoga Conference held under the auspices
      of the Belgium Yoga Federation. I witnessed how
      affectionately and reverentially Swami Chidanandaji
      Maharaj was greeted everywhere and how his elevating
      and soul-stirring messages were received by his
      audiences consisting of the highest dignitaries and
      the humblest folk. I came to know of his devotees in
      the West, who contact him over the telephone at long
      distances just to say 'hello' and' hear him say a few
      words of solace and 'blessings! Swamiji's sincerity,
      simplicity and utter humility, and the magnetic force
      in his spontaneous utterances and, above all, his
      intuitive perception of human problems have
      captivated the hearts of seekers everywhere.

      History repeats itself! Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna
      Paramahamsa, the great Avatara of the 19th Century,
      had Swami Vivekananda as his illustrious disciple to
      carry his universal message to various parts of the
      world; they were both entirely responsible for the
      modern renaissance of the ancient Indian Culture. We
      can now safely state that Gurudev Swami Sivananda is
      the Avatara of the 20th Century and has spread the
      self-same culture in his inimitable way; and his
      chosen disciple, Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj, has
      disseminated on a world-wide basis, the ethical, and
      spiritual idealism of India as propounded by the
      Worshipful Master. "What Vivekananda was to Sri
      Ramakrishna, Chidananda is to Gurudev Sivananda".

      Swami Chidanandaji is a born saint, Yogi and
      philosopher. He is a worthy replica of Gurudev. He is
      an embodiment of love, service and renunciation; a
      Bhakta, Jnani, Nishkama Karma Yogi and a Raja Yogi;
      an adept in the Yoga of Synthesis; a linguist, an
      orator and a prolific writer. His Kirtan and Bhajan
      are soul-elevating. He has a fine sense of humour.
      Within his lovable and delicate frame, Swamiji's
      appearance is the very image of Lord Buddha.