    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2008

      The February 2008 issue of the Divine Life magazine
      has been posted at:
      http://sivanandaonline.org/html/dls/magazine/2008/feb-2008.shtm

      The latest issue has a Memoriam on Revered Sri Swami
      Sahajanandaji Maharaj. This is at:
      http://sivanandaonline.org/html/dls/magazine/2008/Feb08-9.shtm

      Some of the articles in the latest issue are:
      1) Prerequisites to Spiritual Progress by Sri Swami
      Sivananda
      2) Principles of Yoga by Sri Swami Chidananda
      3) The Search for Truth by Sri Swami Krishnananda
      4) A Guide to Meditation by Sri Swami Shivapremananda
      5) Benefiting From Adverse Circumstances by Sri Swami
      Atmaswarupananda
      6) Become Like A Lighthouse by Sri Swami Ramarajyam
      7) The Environment from a Scientific Angle by Sri
      Gaurhari Mishra
      8) Salabhasana by Sri Swami Chidananda

      We also uploaded an article entitled "How To
      Recognise A Jivanmukta" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/feb2008.htm

      A new book by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj titled
      "Lectures on Epistemology" is being serialized at:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/epistemology.html

      THE MASTER'S ROOM: It was the beginning of winter in
      1949. The Master led a visitor into his apartments.
      "There is a splendid view of the Himalayas and the
      Ganges from here," commented the Master as they both
      entered his cottage. "If you sit in the verandah or
      even if you are within the rooms, you will constantly
      hear the Pranava Nada of the Ganga."

      The two then went into the inner rooms.

      "You are living in this cottage, Swamiji?" asked the
      surprised visitor. "Why, it is as ill-ventilated as a
      prison cell. You cannot get any light in the rooms
      except during midday. They are not rooms, they are
      caves, and too small even for that. And you work in
      this room? It is not even sufficient to accommodate
      your manuscripts and books. You cannot move in it
      without treading on something or tripping over
      something else. The bedroom is damp and one cannot
      even breathe in it. I wonder how you live in it!"

      And the visitor continued, "Though I get a positive
      feeling of spiritual elation while I am here, I think
      I will not be able to keep body and soul together for
      six months if I live in this cottage. Why don't you
      change to a better suite of rooms, Swamiji?"

      "No, no. I am all right here," assured the Master.

      The visitor bowed and left.

      "Never complain against bad environments. Create your
      own mental world wherever you remain and wherever you
      go. There are some difficulties and disadvantages
      wherever you go. If the mind deludes you, at every
      moment and at every step, try to overcome the
      obstacles and difficulties by suitable means. Do not
      try to run away from bad, unfavourable environments.
      God has placed you there to make you grow quickly." -
      Swami Sivananda