    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2007

      We have uploaded an article by Sri Swami Chidanandaji
      Maharaj titled "Pain is a Blessing in Disguise" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/feb2007.htm

      SPIRITUAL PRIDE: An old gentleman, a devotee of the
      Master, who had been practising Kundalini Yoga, came
      to the Master's quarters to receive his blessings as
      he was leaving the Ashram that day. The Master made
      enquiries about his progress in Sadhana.

      With an expression of pride he informed the Master,
      "I am doing Kechari Mudra. Now I must be able to move
      in the air."

      With a significant smile the Master said to him,
      "Yes, you can go up in the air, but do come back to
      Ananda Kutir*!"

      * Ananda Kutir is Swami Sivanandaji's place of
      residence.

      "The seeker, during spiritual practices will have to
      undergo different kinds of experiences. These
      experiences are part and parcel of spiritual life.
      Sometimes the seeker feels joy and sometimes feels no
      taste for the spiritual life. You will have to rise
      above happiness and unhappiness. Let not these
      trouble your mind. They come and go." - Swami
      Chidananda