    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2007

      We uploaded an article by Gurudev Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji Maharaj titled "Where Is Real Love?" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/jul2007.htm

      THE WORTH OF MONEY: As soon as the Master was seated
      in the office chair, Sri K. came to take leave of
      him. Sri K. was an ambitious young man who had
      previously worked in the Sivananda Charitable
      Hospital. He left the Ashram without informing the
      Master and accepted a job in Delhi. After a short
      period there he felt restless and longed to have
      Darshan of the Master. Being fully aware of the
      Master's magnanimous capacity to forget and forgive,
      he came without hesitation and stayed at the Ashram
      for a couple of days. As usual the Master received
      him with kindness and love.

      Before taking leave, Sri K. remarked to the Master
      that in spite of enjoying a larger salary and more
      physical comforts in Delhi, he had no peace of mind.

      "How can you find peace and rest there?" asked the
      Master. "You will have to be a servant there. To the
      worldly-minded people money is the most important
      God. What is the worth of money? A dip in the sacred
      Ganges is equal to two crores of rupees.

      completely dissatisfied with that life, return to the
      Ashram. But before you return make up your mind never
      to quit the Ashram again."

      Sri K. felt rather ashamed because of his ingratitude
      to the Master and tried to justify his action by
      saying that he was trying to gain good experience in
      the X-ray department so that he could utilise it for
      the benefit of the Ashram hospital when he returned.

      The Master, with an amusing smile, replied, "Are you
      trying to give me plantains? I have already passed
      the plantain school!"

      The Master was referring to the common trick played
      by mothers, who offered plantains to their children
      in order to pacify them!