    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2006

      Today, September 24th, is Revered Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj's 90th birthday anniversary. In
      honour of this occasion, we uploaded an article on
      Swamiji titled "In the Company of Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/saints/chida_company.htm

      September 23 to October 1 is the holy Navaratri
      festival. This festival is observed in honour of the
      Divine Mother. We have uploaded an article about the
      Divine Mother by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      Maharaj at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/religions/devi.htm

      There is further information about Navaratri along
      with video clips at:
      http://www.sivanandaonline.org/html/misc/navaratri/introduction.shtm

      DUTY TO ONE'S PARENTS: A young man from Coorg
      prostrated to the Master, saying, "Swamiji, I wish to
      stay here and carry on my Sadhana. I can work in your
      office and be useful."

      Quick came the question, "Have you got parents?"
      "Yes, Swamiji, my brothers will look after them," was
      the explanation.

      The Master said bluntly, "But what about your share
      of service and duty to them?"

      The young man felt the prick of conscience and
      quickly retreated with his face downcast. He departed
      forthwith for his native place.

      "He who has a made a determination now, "I will try
      to become like Chidanandaji" and he alone will be
      benefited." - Swami Sivananda