    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2006

      We have uploaded an inspiring Vedantic discourse by
      Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj titled "Life is One"
      at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/sep2006.htm

      Photos from Sri Ganesh Chaturthi celebration on
      August 27th at Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh have been
      posted at:
      http://www.sivanandaonline.org/html/misc/ganeshchaturthi/photo.shtm

      ADMITTING AN INMATE: A Sikh youth approached the
      Master.

      "Swamiji, kindly give me food and shelter. Give me
      any work to do. I am a matriculant. I know
      typewriting and possess a good handwriting. I am an
      orphan, forsaken by my father and stepmother ten
      years ago."

      Without going into the antecedents of the man, the
      Master consulted the office superintendent if the
      young man's services could be utilised.

      "No, Swamiji, we already have enough people."

      The Master in his large-heartedness, said, "Give him
      the work of writing addresses on the wrappers of our
      journals and magazines. His handwriting is beautiful.
      Let him be given food, shelter and the necessary
      clothing, soap, oil, etc., like the other inmates of
      the Ashram."

      The Master's directions were forthwith executed and
      the young man admitted.

      "The Vedantic method is deductive; the scientific
      method is inductive. The Vedantic method starts with
      the one and proceeds to the many. The scientific
      method starts with the many and proceeds to the one."
      - Swami Chidananda