    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 1999
      Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 15:29:32 -0500 (CDT)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (40)

      Swami Dharma Mata of Vivekayuktananda Ashram has kindly translated some of
      Holy Master's work to Spanish for the benefit of the Spanish speaking
      seekers. Currently we have the "20 Important Spiritual Instructions",
      "Sadhana Tattwa" and "Practical Way to Self-Realisation". The Spanish
      translations are accessible from
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/spanish/index_sp.htm

      Hari Om Tat Sat!

      FALSE FRIENDSHIP: "Even if one moves with another closely, it takes a
      long time for him to imbibe the qualities of the other person. Friendship
      grows gradually. You give Diwali presents or go to Mussoorie with your
      friend. In some cases the friendship lasts till death, but in others some
      misunderstanding takes place and the friendship comes to an end. When your
      friend helps you, you might say that he is God to you, but when friction
      occurs between you and your friend, you forget all his help. Even if
      there is no friction, people forget within a period of six months all the
      help received by them from their friends. Who has created this mysterious
      mind?"

      The above observation escaped the Master's lips while he was conversing
      with his disciples in the office.

      "The bigger we are in the world, the worse we are from the point of view
      of spiritual strength and knowledge. Because, this self-importance,
      self-assertion, Ahamkara, personality-consciousness, social-consciousness
      and status-consciousness--all these put together act as psychological
      barriers which shut off the forces of the cosmos from entering into us." -
      Swami Krishnananda