    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2006

      We have uploaded an article by Gurudev Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji Maharaj titled "Philosophy of the Mind"
      at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/apr2006.htm

      In honour of Sri Goswami Tulasidasji's birthday on
      August 1st we uploaded an article by Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj titled "Tulasidas' Gift to
      Humanity" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/aug2006.htm

      LEARNING MEDICINE: A Parsi boy who had come to the
      Ashram was attracted by the service that the
      charitable dispensary was rendering. He desired to
      learn medicine.
      "Om Namo Narayanaya! I do not see you at all these
      days, either in the office or in the dispensary. What
      are you doing?"

      "Swamiji, I am learning medicine."

      "Learning medicine? Where?"

      "I am copying out your Family Doctor."

      "Do you call that learning medicine? Would you like
      to copy out the word 'sugar' on a piece of paper and
      taste its sweetness? Learn it in practice. Go to the
      dispensary and assist the present doctor in charge
      there. You will then know the names of the diseases
      and how to prepare the mixtures. This is a better way
      to learn."

      "You are born for higher things. A glorious brilliant
      future is awaiting you. Do not think of the past.
      Purify. Meditate. March forward. Find thy rest in the
      Supreme Soul." - Swami Sivananda