    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2006

      We have uploaded an inspiring discourse by Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji Maharaj titled "Crown of Human
      Achievement" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/mar2006.htm

      A brief history of The Divine Life Society by Sri
      Swami Venkatesanandaji has been posted at:

      Please note that you will have to be subscribed to
      the Sivanandadaily Yahoo group to view the article
      above. To subscribe, please send an e-mail to:
      sivanandadaily-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ON DEATH: "If the Atma is all-pervading there should
      be the Atma in a dead body also. Then why does a dead
      body not function?" Swami Shyamananda raised another
      doubt.

      "A dead body does not function because the individual
      soul, the mind and the Pranas have left it,"
      explained the Master.

      "In the case of a Self-realised sage there is no
      individual soul but only the Atma, so why should his
      body also cease functioning at the time of death?"
      Shyamananda then asked.

      "The body can function only when the Pranas are
      there. At the time of death the Pranas leave the
      body. Therefore, it cannot function. There have been
      some instances where the physical body of a Maha
      Purusha transformed itself into light and
      disappeared."

      "God-realisation is the crown of all human
      attainments. We are born to realise God. Human birth
      has no greater significance. Human birth is not
      granted to us that we may consider reaching into
      space or diving into the ocean depths as the zenith
      of our endeavours. These are of mundane value and
      much lesser than mastering one's mind and unfolding
      one's spiritual potentialities." - Swami Sivananda