    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11 3:26 AM

      I am resuming the Sivananda day-to-day e-mails today
      on holy Guru Purnima. I was unable to send any e-
      mails for the last 5 months due to extensive travels.
      There are no travels for me in the near horizon.
      Hopefully there will be no disruption for the time
      being.

      There is an update on Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj
      with photos and videos at:
      http://sivanandaonline.org/html/n-o-swamiji.shtm

      A presentation on Guru Purnima with messages,
      programmes and multimedia is available at:
      http://sivanandaonline.org/html/misc/GuruPurnima/2006/introduction.shtm

      In addition, we also uploaded a message by Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj on the subject of Guru Purnima.
      This article is at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/jul2006.htm

      The are numerous new uploads at Swami
      Krishnanandaji's site. Please visit:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/uploads.html

      THE LORD'S DIVINE SPORT: "Why did God create this
      world?" asked Swami Abhedananda. "If there is a real
      purpose, then God is not perfect."

      The Master replied humorously, "Ask God Himself why
      He created this world! Attain wisdom of the Self,
      then you will know why God created this world. You
      cannot understand it by means of your intellect. You
      can understand it only through intuition. This is a
      transcendental question. God created this world for
      the sake of divine sport. The creation of the world
      has a purpose. Just as we cannot have the sun without
      its rays, so also we cannot have God without the
      world process. The world is like His rays. It is His
      nature. Just as a juggler produces something and then
      makes it disappear, so also God produces the world
      and makes it disappear. He is omnipotent. To ask why
      He created the world is a transcendental question. We
      will only be wasting time by discussing it. Before
      asking this question, ask about yourself, know who
      you are, then you will know everything."

      "The Guru is God Himself manifesting in a personal
      form to guide the aspirant. Grace of God takes the
      form of Guru. To see the Guru is to see God. The Guru
      is united with God. He inspires devotion in others.
      His presence purifies all." - Swami Sivananda