    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2006

      We have uploaded an article by Gurudev Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji Maharaj on the life of Saint
      Thiruvalluvar. He is a saint from Tamil Nadu, India
      who demonstrated how to live an ideal married life.
      His teachings have been recorded in a book called
      Thirukkural. This article is at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/saints/thiruvalluvar.htm

      A couple of lectures by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      on the importance of Ashrams have been posted at:

      In addition, several lectures on the exemplary lives
      of some devotees (i.e. Sri Nalini & Dr. Devaki Kutty)
      have been posted at:

      The following articles have been uploaded to Sri
      Swami Krishnanandaji's site:

      1) The Spiritual Import of the Mahabharata and the
      Bhagavadgita - Chapter 12
      2) The 12th audio discourse of The Brihadaranyaka
      Upanishad
      3) In the Light of Wisdom - Chapters 20 & 21

      Please visit:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/uploads.html

      HIMSA AND AHIMSA: "Is it possible to lead a life
      without hurting or injuring anybody?" Vishnu Swamiji
      put the Master a question.

      "A Jivanmukta's life is like that," answered the
      Master. "It is possible to lead such a life. If you
      attain wisdom of the Self, it is possible."

      "If we wish to save an animal which is attacked by
      another animal, we have to injure the latter. Is it
      not a breach of Ahimsa?" asked Vishnu Swamiji.

      "You have to injure the other animal. It is not
      against the principle of Ahimsa. If a murderer kills
      five people daily you will have to kill that
      murderer. To kill a murderer is really Ahimsa."

      "The recitation of a mantra is not easy. It is not
      just mumbling something, but rather a very scientific
      process. We should not only pronounce the characters
      correctly with proper emphasis and intonation, but
      also our hearts should be in it. Our feelings also
      contribute to the effect produced by the recitation
      of a mantra. If our minds are elsewhere, the effect
      may not take place." - Swami Krishnananda