    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2006

      The link that I gave last week for the January issue
      of the Divine Life magazine did not work. Please try
      the following link:
      http://www.divinelifesociety.org/html/dls/magazine/2006/jan-2006.shtm

      We have uploaded an article by Sri Swami
      Brahmanandaji on the importance of having a Guru in
      ones spiritual life. The title of the article is
      "Guru and the Great Beyond". This article is at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/jun2004.htm

      Several lectures by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji on
      the glory of renunciation have been posted at:

      In addition, the following talks have also been
      posted:
      1) Real Independence
      2) Students: Pillars of the Nation
      3) The Spiritual Basis of Social Service

      These articles are at:

      The following articles have been uploaded to Sri
      Swami Krishnanandaji's site:
      1) The Spiritual Import of the Mahabharata and the
      Bhagavadgita - Chapters 9 & 10
      2) The 10th audio discourse of The Brihadaranyaka
      Upanishad
      3) In the Light of Wisdom - Chapter Eighteen

      Please visit:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/uploads.html

      HEAVINESS DURING CONCENTRATION: Sri Chawla put to the
      Master his difficulty during concentration.

      "At the time of concentration some heaviness is felt
      in the brain. It passes away after some time. What is
      this heaviness due to?"

      "The heaviness is due to congestion of blood. When
      you concentrate deeply the blood goes to the brain.
      Later on it is distributed evenly and there is no
      more heaviness. The heaviness comes in the initial
      stages of the practice of concentration. It goes away
      later."

      "The Svetasvatara Upanishad states that the ultimate
      Truth reveals Itself only in that high-souled one who
      has supreme devotion to his spiritual preceptor.
      Those who lack this requirement are disqualified to
      study the Vedantic texts, as this impurity of the
      intellect would stand in the way of realising the
      most subtle truths contained therein." - Swami
      Brahmananda