    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2006

      We have uploaded an article by Sri N.
      Ananthanarayanan titled "The Sense of Spiritual
      Direction" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/apr2004.htm

      Several illuminating lectures by Gurudev Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji on the subject of married life and
      divorce has been posted at:

      The following articles have been uploaded to Sri
      Swami Krishnanandaji's site:
      1) The Spiritual Import of the Mahabharata and the
      Bhagavadgita - Chapters 7 & 8
      2) The 8th audio discourse of The Brihadaranyaka
      Upanishad
      3) Swamiji reads his poem "Hanuman in Lanka"
      4) In the Light of Wisdom - Chapter Sixteen

      Please visit:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/uploads.html

      PURITY OF FOOD: The next question put to the Master
      was: "Does purity of food lead to purity of mind?"
      "Yes," replied the Master, "purity of food leads to
      purity of mind. Take a dose of champagne and sit for
      meditation, or take a glass of orange juice and sit
      for the practice. You will know the difference.
      Different foods exercise different influences on
      different compartments of the brain. By taking
      liquor, meat and garlic, the mind gets confused and
      restless when you sit for meditation. By taking milk
      and fruit you get good concentration. Our Rishis
      lived on fruit and milk. The Chhandogya Upanishad
      says: 'Purity of food leads to purity of mind; then
      one attains liberation'."

      "Is non-vegetarian food not Sattwic?" the officer
      further questioned.

      "Non-vegetarian food is not Sattwic. It is not good
      for a seeker."

      "We have in the Mahabharata instances of people
      taking the meat of goats sacrificed to the Lord,"
      said the officer.

      "Live for a month on milk and fruit and see," advised
      the Master. "Give up meat for a month and note the
      difference. Let us be practical. Practical experience
      will tell you that eating meat is bad for the mind."

      "God does not see the world with eyes as we see, but
      He has an intuitive, instantaneous, transcendental
      comprehension, at one grasp, at the totality of
      creation." - Swami Krishnananda