    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2005

      We have uploaded two articles to our website. They
      are:

      Atma Yoga by Swami Sivananda
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/feb2004.htm

      Theory and Practice in Spiritual Life by Sri N.
      Ananthanarayanan
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/mar2004.htm

      The December issue of the DLS magazine has been
      posted at:
      http://www.divinelifesociety.org/html/dls/magazine/2005/dec-2005.shtm

      The following articles have been uploaded to Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji's site:
      1) The 5th audio discourse of The Brihadaranyaka
      Upanishad
      2) In the Light of Wisdom - Chapter Thirteen

      Please visit:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/uploads.html

      WORLD, THE BEST TEACHER: One of the students put the
      question, "Which is better: to lead the life of a
      householder or to become a recluse?"

      The Master replied, "You cannot renounce the world
      all at once. The world is a vast university. Nature
      is the best teacher. In the world you can develop
      virtues like mercy, love, tolerance and adaptability.
      You cannot develop these qualities if you remain in a
      cave. The world is the best teacher. In the world you
      can learn how to bear insult and injury, you can
      learn how to face difficulties and dangers, you can
      learn how to overcome selfishness and anger.
      Gradually, when you have evolved, you can renounce.
      Guru Nanak remained in the world with two or three
      children. There is nothing wrong with the world.
      Prayer will remove all obstacles."

      "Not by developing a keen intellect which can indulge
      in hair-splitting arguments and logic-chopping, not
      by getting by heart hundreds of texts, nor by all
      kinds of austerities, can the Atman be realised;
      through self-surrender alone can you realise Him." -
      Swami Sivananda