    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 4:42 AM

      We have uploaded a lecture by Sri N. Ananthanarayanan
      titled "Good Life and God-Life" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/apr2005.htm

      We have updated our spiritual calendar at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/religions/calendar.htm

      There is also a PDF version of the calendar at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/religions/Spiritual%20Calendar%202005-2006.pdf

      Swami Suryadevanandaji will begin sharing chronicled
      conversations of Gurudev Sivananda from Swami
      Venkatesanandaji's book "Inspiring Talks of
      Sivananda". Here is the first paragraph from Swami
      Venkatesanandaji's introduction:

      A day with Gurudev Sivananda is better spent than a
      year in the study of scriptures or a life-time in a
      library. A word--always appropriate to the occasion,
      and to the person addressed--a look, a smile, an
      action seemingly trivial--all these are (and only
      they truly are) 'Living Scriptures'. The inner truth
      which scriptures often hide from the gaze of the
      immature: the easy path to God-realisation which the
      complicated mind of the 'modern' man, fails to see:
      the fountain of wisdom which the educated man's
      vision, blinded by the cataract of faithlessness,
      fails to perceive--are revealed like the apple on
      one's palm, by a simple word from the Sacred Lips.

      The full introduction is at:

      The mailings will begin tomorrow (April 7). To
      receive "Inspiring Talk of Sivananda", please send an
      e-mail to:
      sivanandadaily-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      If you have any difficulties subscribing please
      contact Swami Suryadevanandaji at:
      swamisuryadevananda@...

      POWER OF LOVE: Sri Bhupendranath placed a problem
      before the Master.

      "According to the Gita, one should do one's duties.
      But in so doing, one may have to fight with one's
      relatives or friends to attain one's ends."

      "Do not fight. If you fight you will not gain
      anything. Love. Through love alone will you get
      everything. Love is the highest power on earth. It is
      the love of the devotees that makes the non-dual,
      attributeless Brahman assume a form and come into the
      world. One genuine tear of a devotee brings God to
      the earth. The tears should come from the heart and
      not from the lachrymal gland."

      Someone then remarked, "Sometimes one sacrifices too
      much for love and then finds he has lost everything.
      Due to Gandhiji's non-violence many people suffered."

      The Master replied, "There is no real love in the
      world; it is all selfish love. Due to Gandhiji's non-
      violence you have freedom now."