    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2005

      I have been unable to send any e-mails for more than
      3 months due to extensive travelling. There are no
      plans for travel for another 5 months. Hopefully the
      list will be regular for the next 5 months.

      The Divine Life Society has changed the layout of the
      website to provide better guidance for the spiritual
      aspirant. It was launched on Makara Sankranti day on
      January 14 by Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj. There
      is a video of the launch by Swamiji Maharaj along
      with a short lecture. You can access the new site
      from:
      http://www.divinelifesociety.org/

      Click on the picture of Swamiji Maharaj to see the
      video.

      A new article titled “Yoga and Life” by Sri Swami
      Brahmanandaji Maharaj has been posted at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/jan2005.htm

      GITA TEACHINGS: “Swamiji, by the study of the Gita
      can I get peace?” asked a lady visitor.

      The Master answered, “You must practise the teachings
      of the Gita. Convert everything into Yoga. The Lord
      has said in the Gita: ‘Whatever you do, eat, offer in
      sacrifice or give, whatever austerities you practise,
      offer it to Me, O son of Kunti!’ So whatever you do—-
      even having your bath or going to the cinema-—
      dedicate it to the Lord.”

      “How to perform work, dedicating everything to God?”
      the visitor questioned again.

      “Repeat, ‘I am Thine, all is Thine, Thy Will be
      done’. You will get more peace, more strength. Feel
      the Presence of God. God dwells in your heart. The
      eyes, nose, ears—-all these are His instruments.
      Everything belongs to God. Through His energy alone
      you are enabled to see. Seeing, hearing, smelling—-
      all these are due to His energy. Who gives strength
      to the eyes to see, to the nose to smell, and to the
      hands to work? It is He only. Through ignorance you
      feel that you are doing everything. You should feel
      that He alone does everything. Then work will not
      bind you in any way.”

      “Virtue abides where there is truth. Vice abides
      where there is greed and Lord abides where there is
      devotion. Therefore cultivate virtue, destroy greed
      and develop devotion.” - Swami Sivananda