  • pannir@dlshq.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2003

      September 8th was the 116th birthday anniversary of
      Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. A report on
      the celebrations at the Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh
      has been posted at:
      http://www.divinelifesociety.org/what's_new/gurudev's_birthday_report.htm

      I will be away at the Antarctic until the first week
      of November. As such there may not be any e-mails
      from me. However please visit the "What's New"
      section at the following page for any new updates:
      http://www.divinelifesociety.org/

      ELEVATING THE CONSCIOUSNESS: A visitor asked the
      Master, "Why is it that sometimes the consciousness
      rises to a high level, during which we can see and
      experience many things, and then it comes down again?
      Why is it that we cannot retain the consciousness at
      the same level?"

      The Master replied, "During the time when the mind is
      Sattwic you get this elevated consciousness. But due
      to the forces of Rajas and Tamas and the
      undercurrents and desires in the mind, your
      consciousness comes down. Do more Sadhana. Develop
      dispassion. The more the desires are thinned out, the
      more the mind will be filled with Sattwa. It will be
      steady like a light in a windless place. During
      holidays you can come and remain here and enjoy
      Satsang and seclusion. You can do more Sadhana. A
      little observance of silence, a little Pranayama, a
      little seclusion--these are all aids."

      "The Divine Name is God Himself manifest as a
      spiritual force. God and His Name are one. He who
      clings to the Divine Name verily clings to the Lord
      Himself. The Divine Name shall take you across the
      ocean of Samsara. The Divine Name shall bestow upon
      you freedom from births and deaths." - Swami
      Sivananda

      http://www.dlshq.org/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?f=u&l=gurudev&e=sivananda@yahoogroups.com&p=8656

      Click this link, or copy and paste the address into your browser.