    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 1999
      Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 11:02:17 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pkanagar@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (36)

      IMPORTANCE OF SATSANG: The Master saw a lady devotee sitting in the
      office. He had seen her two or three days back at the Satsang and, not
      having seen her since, was under the impression that she had returned
      home.

      "You are still here?" he enquired of her.

      "Yes," she replied.

      "But you did not attend Satsang yesterday," observed the Master.

      "I was not well," she replied.

      "Then the remedy was to attend Satsang," remarked the Master.

      "One of the central questions in your spiritual diary should be, 'what am
      I in the eyes of God?' But this question is never put and you do not want
      to know the answer. You always wish to know, 'What am I in the eyes of
      people, in the eyes of my neighbours, in the eyes of the public? What does
      the country think about me? What do the vote givers think about me? What
      is the international opinion about me?' Never for a moment you think,
      'what does God think about me?'. Let this be your contemplation." - Swami
      Krishnananda