  • pannir@dlshq.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2003

      We have uploaded a couple of early morning meditation
      talks. They are

      "From the Universal to the Universal" By Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj:
      http://www.dlshq.org/messages/universal.htm

      and

      "The Subtle Awareness" By Sri Swami
      Atmaswarupanandaji Maharaj:
      http://www.dlshq.org/messages/awareness.htm

      SPIRITUAL PRIDE: After the evening Satsang was over a
      Sannyasin with an imposing appearance began to
      discuss with the Master the cardinal tenets of his
      cult and the practice advocated by his Guru and
      himself.

      "Swamiji, from our point of view, even hearing,
      reflection and contemplation have no significance.
      Our only Sadhana is to listen in silence--mere
      listening without even trying to grasp through the
      mind what is being perceived or heard. We do not try
      to understand because the Atma is beyond the reach of
      understanding. Our Guru has told us that this is the
      best method and all other practices are meaningless.
      One day Truth will shine of Its own accord without
      any effort on the part of the aspirant."
      "Very nice," said the Master with his characteristic
      smile. "But the aspirant must be a super-Adhikari to
      grasp the Truth in this manner. To Janaka the
      utterance of 'Tat Twam Asi' once was sufficient and
      he realised the Self. But nowadays even if we hear it
      a million times we seem to be far, far away from the
      Truth."

      After dwelling on several other topics the Master
      said to the disciples, "The Maharaja of Sitamau is a
      great devotee. His Sadhana is a continuous repetition
      of the Name of Lord Rama throughout the twenty-four
      hours of the day. He has attained great psychic
      powers through this practice, too, because a devotee
      who happened to use the Maharaja's bed had a vision
      of Lord Rama, which he attributed to the Mantra-
      Shakti of the Maharaja. The Maharaja is also well
      versed in the Upanishads. Yet he would say that he
      was only a practitioner and quite unfit for Vedanta.
      He was too humble even to call himself an advanced
      aspirant and a Japa Yogi!"

      "O deluded mind! Wealth and property will not follow
      you. Virtue and vice alone will follow you. This body
      will perish like a flash of lightning. This world is
      a jugglery of Maya. Walk in the path of virtue or
      Dharma. Control the senses and the mind. Meditate on
      your own Atman and attain Self-realisation now and
      here." - Swami Sivananda

      http://www.dlshq.org/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?f=u&l=gurudev&e=sivananda@yahoogroups.com&p=8656

      Click this link, or copy and paste the address into your browser.