    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11 7:14 AM

      Today (April 11) is the holy appearance day of Lord Rama, i.e.
      Ramnavami. Information about this sacred day is at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/religions/ramanavami.htm

      We have uploaded a couple of early morning meditation talks. The first
      is by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji titled "You Are That!":
      http://www.dlshq.org/messages/youarethat.htm

      and the second is by Sri Swami Atmaswarupanandaji titled "The Essence
      of the Spiritual Life":
      http://www.dlshq.org/messages/essence.htm

      POWER OF MASTER'S WRITINGS: Sri Jyoti Prasadji, Chief Minister of
      Tehri-Garwal State, was approaching the Ashram. He was received by the
      disciples and taken to the Master's room where the party was
      entertained by the Master himself.

      "Swamiji, I have received the packet of books that you so kindly sent
      me. How wonderfully you write! Every word of what you say is too true
      and uttered in your own direct style. One is at once inspired by them
      as they emanate from the very heart of a Self-realised saint. I have
      studied the books of all great men but have not been able to find this
      peculiar charm in any others."

      The Master simply smiled away the remarks, "It is all God's Grace."

      "Lord Rama was the prince of the Ikshvaku race. He was virtuous and of
      manly strength. He was the Lord of the mind and the senses. Brave and
      valiant, He was yet gentle and modest. He was a sage in counsel, kind
      and sweet in speech, and most courteous and handsome in appearance. He
      was the master of all the divine weapons, and a great warrior. Ever
      devoted to the good and prosperity of His kingdom and His subjects, He
      was a defender of the weak and the protector of the righteous. Endowed
      with numerous wondrous powers of the mind, He was well versed in all
      sciences--in military science as well as the science of the Self." -
      Swami Sivananda