    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2003

      We have also uploaded two Early Morning Meditation talks by Sri Swami
      Atmaswarupanandaji. They are "Persistence and Surrender":
      http://www.dlshq.org/messages/persistence.htm

      and "Being Real":
      http://www.dlshq.org/messages/bereal.htm

      A PROFESSOR'S APPRECIATION: A Gujarati lady who had long been a silent
      admirer of the Master, arrived with an American professor, Dr Frederick
      Spiegelberg, Ph.D.

      The doctor explained his mission to India and said that he had visited
      all the main Ashrams in the country. He particularly mentioned
      Anandashram at Kanhangad, the Ashram of Sri Swami Ramdas.

      "Swamiji, have you ever met Sri Swami Ramdas?"

      "No."

      "He has a very high regard for you. He spoke so highly of you and your
      attainments that I was all the time very eager to meet you personally."

      After the evening Satsang which the professor attended, it was hard for
      him to take leave of the Master for the night. "Swamiji, I have seen
      many saints in India during this tour, but what I greatly admire in you
      is that you have not the slightest trace of an inferiority complex from
      which the others seem to suffer. You are so outspoken. And you are so
      full of humour that you capture our hearts. Humour is a thing that is
      very often lacking in philosophers and saints, too. That spoils
      everything and makes it dry pedantry." "Swamiji," said a disciple, "is
      a musician, a dramatist and a dancer, too. You should see him dance! He
      is a fine actor. He has dramatised the Upanishads. People who were
      unable to assimilate the Vedantic truths contained in the Upanishads
      have now clear ideas after reading his Upanishadic Drama, which has
      been appreciated also by our Governor General, Sri C. Rajagopalachari."

      "Have you read my Philosophy in Humour?" asked the Master.

      "No, I would very much like to."

      The Master then read a few poems from the above book. The professor and
      the lady were beside themselves in mirth.

      "You ought to sing these songs in America. You will revolutionize the
      entire country. People will be simply swept off their feet. America
      needs this kind of instruction--simple and delicious. And the way you
      sing these precious instructions, it is simply marvellous!"