    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2003

      Tomorrow (Mar. 17 or Mar. 18 depending on where you are) marks
      the holy appearance day of Gauranaga Mahaprabhu and the festival
      of Holi. Information about Gauranaga Mahaprabhu and Holi are at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/saints/gauranga.htm
      http://www.dlshq.org/religions/holi.htm

      We have uploaded the April 2003 - March 2004 spiritual calendar at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/religions/calendar.htm

      We have also uploaded two Early Morning Meditation talks. They are
      "Always Be Positive!" by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/messages/bepositive.htm

      and "We Are the Ultimate Knower" by Sri Swami Atmaswarupanandaji at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/messages/ultimknower.htm

      THE MASTER'S TOUR OF KASHMIR: A professor from Kashmir, who had
      migrated to India, came to the Ashram with his family--his parents and
      wife. The Master at once recognised him as one whom he had known during
      his Kirtan-tour of Kashmir.

      The professor described in great detail the pathetic plight of the
      Hindus in Kashmir-how the changed times had disfigured the country and
      sapped the very vitals of its spiritual culture; how in sheer despair
      the Hindus had been forced to migrate to India.

      "Swamiji, how well we remember your famous Agada-Bhum song and dance!
      In spite of all that has happened since those days of peace, plenty and
      prosperity, the memory is still fresh in us of the eager throngs of
      men, women and children who would sit through whole days listening to
      your sweet, stirring Kirtans. I was only a small boy then, but I have
      the most vivid memory of this one thing in my life."

      The father, who listened with approval to his son's talk, now put in
      his, "And what gatherings, Swamiji! In all my life in Kashmir I have
      never again seen such a mass of humanity assembled together."

      One of the disciples was inquisitive. "Did the figure run to
      thousands?"

      "Thousands?" The old man felt disappointed. "Not less than ten thousand
      every day; and it looked like a sea of heads swinging to and fro in the
      fashion of waves to the tune of Swamiji's Kirtan. It was a sight for
      the gods!"

      "Science has progressed. It has contributed to the welfare of humanity,
      but its misuse has tragically left in its wide wake devastation and
      desolation, fear and moral deprivation." - Swami Sivananda