    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2002

      We have uploaded a New Year's message by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      Maharaj titled "The Supreme Need Of The Hour--Love" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/jan2003.htm

      We have contact information for Swami Jivanmuktanandaji's visit to Los
      Angeles. Please contact Sri Siddharth Bhatt at (562) 926-0554 or e-mail
      at mdsdist@... for details. Swamiji is going to be in LA from 2
      January to 4 January.

      STRAIN IN MEDITATION: The office work was over and the Master was just
      stepping out to go to his room, when an aspirant following the path of
      Vedanta approached him and said, "I practised meditation on Om for
      seven months, devoting eighteen to twenty hours daily to this practice.
      I now feel a severe pain in the head, as if there was a heavy load
      placed on it."

      The Master advised, "It is because you have overdone the meditation.
      You have gone beyond your capacity and strained the nerves. Suspend
      your Vedantic Sadhana and give relaxation to the tired nerves. Do
      Kirtan in the Bhajan hall. Serve in the Ashram hospital and thus purify
      your heart. Apply Brahmi oil to your head daily."