    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 1999
      Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 17:48:09 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pkanagar@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (33)

      Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's lecture titled "Alice in Wonderland" has been
      updated. Here is the first paragraph from the lecture:

      "We have an inveterate obsession in our minds which prevents us almost
      entirely from conceiving the goal of life as a practical reality. For us,
      the goal mostly remains as a kind of concept and an idea, an ideal which
      is not easily reconcilable with the hard realities of the workaday a
      world. The goal may be God Himself, and nevertheless, He is only an idea
      an ideal, a concept, an imagination, a possibility, a may-be or
      may-not-be."

      Swamiji goes on to explain why God must-be. This article is a must read to
      increase our faith in God Almighty. The URL of the lecture is
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/messages/alice.htm

      _______________________________

      HUMILITY: While the Master was coming to attend Satsang, a lady devotee
      who had come to have his Darshan, prostrated before him.

      The Master greeted her and talked highly about her.

      She replied, "I am nothing, Swamiji."

      "Only when you become nothing can you become everything. When you empty
      yourself you will be filled," said the Master.

      "When you look at the world, what do you think of it? And that is your
      religion. When you gaze at the world, what is your opinion about it? That
      is your religion, not what you do in the temples and the churches." -
      Swami Krishnananda