    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2002
      Om Sri Durgayai Namah!

      October 7 marks the beginning of the nine day worship of the Divine
      Mother (Durga Puja or Navaratri). We have posted a special Durga Puja
      message by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/discourse/oct2002.htm

      There is more information about this festival at the following page:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/religions/navaratri.htm

      TRUE JIVANMUKTI: While the Master was returning after Satsang, there
      was a light shower of rain and one of the disciples close by opened her
      umbrella and tried to protect him from the rain. But she was too short
      to hold the umbrella above his head.

      The Master appreciated her spirit of service and said, "Now, even if I
      say that I am not a Jivanmukta and that I am only an easy-going
      Sannyasin, people do not believe me, they do not leave me. They show me
      respect."

      After a pause he added, "What is Jivanmukti after all? To be kind and
      to serve all is Jivanmukti. What more is it? Does a Jivanmukta develop
      two horns?"

      "To contemplate on God in this world is the highest Sadhana, and this
      automatically implies love towards all beings. You cannot see God in
      all and yet not love all people. These are contraries. You see God in
      all and love all equally. It is implied, and you need not mention it
      separately, and this also implies service to all. To recognise one's
      own self in others and to work for the fulfilment of this in life is a
      part of our Sadhana. Love all, serve all, because God is in all." -
      Swami Krishnananda