  • Sanath Kumaran
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2002
      Hari Om and Namaste!

      Om Namo Bhagavathe Sivanandaya!
      Om Namo Bhagavathe Chidanandaya!
      Om Namo Bhagavathe Krishnanandaya!

      We have uploaded an early morning Meditation talk given in the sacred Samadhi Hall of Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj, Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh entitled

      "The Best Part of Knowledge" by Sri Swami Chidananda at

      http://www.sivanandadlshq.org/messages/bestknowledge.htm

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,
      Sanath Kumaran

      CRAVE NOT, REJECT NOT: The Master was coming out of the hall after the Satsang was over.

      Turning to Swami Sahajananda he said, "You returned the iddalis that I sent to you. You do not like iddalis, I think?"

      "Gurudev sent too much," Swami Sahajananda said. "To accept everything that comes to you and at the same time not to crave for anything, is wisdom. Reject not anything. Accept whatever comes to you. Do not crave
      for a thing that does not come to you; this is wisdom," the Master said.

      REAL FETTER: During the evening Satsang the Master sang one of his latest compositions in his own inimitable way:

      Eye is not a fetter, form is not a fetter, beauty is not a fetter;
      But the excited desire is a fetter, know this point well.
      Tongue is not a fetter, food is not a fetter, taste is not a fetter;
      But the excited desire is a fetter, know this point well.
      Ear is not a fetter, sound is not a fetter, music is not a fetter;
      But the excited desire is a fetter, know this point well.
      "Reverence and devotion and contrariness to the Guru's cannot coexists; they cannot both exist at the same time in the same person. If there is reverence, there is obedience. Decide to what percent you are his follower. You may be a disciple, but you may not be his follower. Because if we are disciples and devotees but do not follow him, then our discipleship leaves much to be desired and our devotion leaves much to be desired. They should be wholehearted and complete � total. Just looking at you the world should understand the divinity of your Guru." - SWAMI CHIDANANDA

      Free books on Yoga, Religion and Philosophy:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/download/download.htm

      Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@... w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag