    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2002

      Sri Swami Jivanmuktanandaji Maharaj, General Secretary of The
      Divine Life Society, is going on a special World Tour as per
      instructions of Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji. Swamiji's Tour
      begins on 20th September. The tentative schedule has been posted at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/announce/jivantour2002.htm

      There is a brief biography of Swami Jivanmuktanandaji at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/jivan.htm

      We have posted an "In Memoriam" for Sri Swami Brahmanandaji
      Maharaj at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/announce/brahmasamadhi.htm

      We have uploaded an inspiring lecture by Sri Swami Atmaswarupanandaji
      entitled "Understanding and Controlling the Mind" at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/messages/mindcontrol.htm

      September 22 marks the beginning of Mahalaya Paksha which is especially
      sacred for offering oblations to the departed ancestors. There is more
      information about this by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/religions/mahalaya.htm

      DISSEMINATION OF KNOWLEDGE: The Master was on his way to the office
      with some disciples. Approaching the steps near the hospital, he said
      to Swami Sahajananda of South Africa, "See this hospital, it is half-
      built. All the money I am putting into the press."

      Such was his love for disseminating knowledge!

      "Life depends upon food. You cannot preach religion to empty stomachs.
      This human body is the most important vehicle for realising God. How
      precious must food be which keeps the body fit for Yoga! The gift of
      food is the greatest gift. Therefore, give food in plenty, not only
      during the Mahalaya fortnight but all through the year." - Swami
      Sivananda