    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2002

      We recently uploaded a biographical sketch of Sri Aurobindo by Gurudev
      Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. This is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/aurobindo.htm

      THE MASTER'S INFLUENCE: The principal of the Bharat Mandir High School
      met the Master.

      "Swamiji, I have something very interesting to tell you. I advertised a
      vacancy for a teacher's post in my high school. I received hundreds of
      applications from highly qualified candidates. Believe me, almost every
      application contained the plea that the applicant selected this high
      school for he wished to be near Swami Sivananda. It is very strange how
      your fame and spiritual influence have spread so far and wide and how
      everyone is eager to be near you and get your spiritual instructions in
      person."

      The Master smiled away the remarks saying, "It is all His Grace."

      "Never complain against bad environments. Create your own mental world
      wherever you remain, wherever you go. The mind deludes you, at every
      moment, at every step. Try to overcome the obstacles and difficulties
      by suitable means. Do not try to run from bad, unfavourable
      environments. God has placed you there to make you grow quickly." -
      Swami Sivananda