    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8 8:52 PM

      We have uploaded an article titled "A Simple But Powerful Spiritual
      Practice" by Sri Swami Atmaswarupanandaji. In this article Swamiji
      describes to us a technique for raising our consciousness even in the
      midst of 'mundane' activities. This is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/messages/powerful.htm

      SANNYAS LIFE: As the disciples were coming down after the night
      Satsang, a discussion arose about discipline and Sannyas. Swami
      Chidanandaji quoted several instances of Sannyasins quarrelling with
      their own Gurus or with others.

      "Sannyas is not an easy thing," said the Master. "In Sannyas life also
      we notice all the Lilas that characterise the worldly life--fights and
      quarrels, jealousy and hatred, greed and passion. Many Sannyasins go
      back to household life after they embrace the order. Perhaps they take
      Sannyas before they are really ready for it. Some such individuals
      later return to a life of renunciation. They thenceforth become very
      good Sadhus. Sri K., who started the Satya Seva Ashram was one such.
      Evil is there within. Man has to be always vigilant and exert to
      annihilate it. Sometimes this evil overpowers him and he goes astray.

      Then he wakes up again and comes back to the proper path. It is all His
      Maya. We should not condemn anything. The moment a Sadhu who had fallen
      comes back to the proper path, the Lord takes him back with open arms
      and leads him along the right path. Only he should take care not to
      revert to evil ways again."