    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2002

      We have uploaded an essay by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji on the
      interesting subject of creation. This article is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/messages/creation.htm

      A biography of Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji (in Hindi) was recently
      released on Guru Purnima. I have attached below some information about the
      book. Please contact Sri Nitin Deshpande <nitin@...> for further
      information.

      1. Name of the book - "Amrit Putra" (Hindi)

      2. Author's name - Mrs. Rajlaxmi Deshpande

      3. Date of release - July 24, 2002 (Guru Purnima)

      4. Price - Rs. 100/- (Hundred Rupees Only)

      5. Address - 11, Amrapali Apartments, Bibwewadi, Pune -411037, Phone -
      (020)- 4281035

      6. Mode of Payment - V. P.

      7. Alternately some copies will also be available at "Divine Life
      Society", Thane Branch, with Mr. Ramkrishna Seth. The address is:

      19, Indrapuri C. H. S. Ravi Compound, Thane- 400 602, Phone No. - 5367587
      / 5335405. E-mail: ramkseth@...

      8. About the book - this is biography of Sri Swami Chidanandaji Saraswati
      Maharaj. Originally this book was written in Marathi- "Putra Amrutacha"
      and was released in 1995 at Sadhana Camp, Lonawala by the hands of Guru
      Maharaj Himself. On the request of a no. of non-Maharashtrian devotees,
      this has been translated in Hindi. Guru Maharaj blessed this book on June
      30, 2002 at Dehradun.

      CURE FOR LAZINESS: The Master paid a visit to the room of Sri S. after the
      class was over in the morning. S. was still in bed fast asleep. The
      Master's chanting of Om woke him up. Later in the day the Master remarked,
      "S., I think that your Kundalini needs awakening by a new and special kind
      of Tadana Kriya! I should take a small stick and give a few good Tadanas
      so that the Shakti in you may get awakened. You are so young and yet so
      lazy. I have requested you so often to attend the class, yet you never
      care to listen. Even though you are in the next room you do not attend the
      Kirtan in the office. You are slowly becoming a 'Thahappan Swami'."

      'Thahappan Swami' was a humorous way of saying, "an undisciplined and
      disobedient disciple."

      Turning to the other disciples the Master said, "There are various methods
      of awakening the Kundalini--through Hatha Yogic Kriyas, Pranayama,
      enquiry, selfless service, etc. There is a special Kriya called Tadana
      Kriya. This method of Tadana has a special value. My Tadana Kriya is an
      entirely new method. It consists of taking a suitable stick and giving a
      mild caning. Then the Kundalini will get awakened and the aspirant will be
      brisk!"

      "If you attain Knowledge of the Self, the meaning of life will cease to be
      a mystery. You will clearly understand the why and how of this universe.
      The purpose and progress in the scheme of things will become clear to you.
      All transcendental things will be known to you like the apple in the palm
      of your hand." - Swami Sivananda