    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2002

      We have uploaded a discourse by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji titled "A
      Little I Will Say". This discourse pertains to the qualities an aspirant
      must have for success in spiritual life. This article is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/discourse/jun2002.htm

      HOW MAYA DECEIVES: "Swamiji, these two rupees I found near the Brahmananda
      Ashram."

      Sri Menon handed the Master the coins.

      "You should have found out the owner. How can we appropriate the money to
      ourselves just because it lay on the road. Someone else will miss it."

      "Swamiji, it was lying on the road. If I had not taken it, it might have
      even been lost in the sand. Here, Swamiji, the two rupees would be put to
      very good use; and in absentia the donor will receive the Lord's
      blessings."

      "Ohji, this is how Maya deceives man. You see, I have just written a story
      about a man who was told by his Guru to shun lust, gold and fame, but who
      was later gradually dragged into the very pit of temptation."

      The Master turned to another Sannyasin not belonging to the Ashram and who
      was sitting near him. "Supposing you found five thousand rupees on the
      roadside, what will you do? Will you give the money to me for this divine
      work?"

      And, rocking with laughter, he said, "Or will you merely think, 'I will
      give two thousand to Swamiji and utilise the rest for myself. After all, I
      have my own needs. God has given this money only for this purpose'!"

      "Spiritual progress is measured by the amount of broad-mindedness,
      selflessness, dynamism and dedicated service that the aspirant exhibits in
      practical life." - Swami Sivananda