    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2002

      We have uploaded Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji's latest book
      "Light on the Yoga Way of Life". This book contains a series of
      questions pertaining to spiritual life, and answers given to them by
      Guru Maharaj. This book is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/download/download.htm#lightonyoga

      "The Secret of the Katha Upanishad" by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj
      has been made available in one zip file for easy download at Swamiji's
      website at:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/katha_0.html

      ON THE MASTER'S WRITINGS: Judge Gauri Prasad of Swarg Ashram had come on
      a sort of official visit to advise the Society on certain legal matters.
      After he had finished the discussions, he was talking about certain
      legal peculiarities concerning the copyright on books.

      "You see, I have most of your books, Swamiji," began Gauri Prasad--and
      was then drawn away from the main theme.

      "I am trying to build up a good library of them. They are so valuable,
      you know, that I intend leaving them to my children by a special will. I
      know that my children will cherish them as the richest treasure left by
      me. Swamiji, you have explained everything in these books in a manner
      that is unrivalled for its simple grandeur. You explain in a few simple
      words what others take great pains to present in their bombastic
      language. Even a simple layman or a college student can just pick up
      your books and get all his problems solved. That is what other writers
      cannot do. I think that it is because of your personal realisation of
      the Supreme Truth that this direct simplicity characterises your books.

      "Another important feature is that I refer to your books every now and
      then to confirm my own opinions. After I discuss a problem with someone
      else and, after offering my own opinion on it, I take up your works and
      find that the opinion has your weighty authority behind it. These books
      are something like the Vedas and Upanishads to me. Just as the Yogis and
      Siddhas of yore verified their experiences from the Sruti (the Vedas), I
      feel that when I find the same view expressed by you also, I must be
      right."

      All the while the Master sat listening without a trace of any sort of
      emotion.

      "Scriptures tell us that if we have once accepted a Brahma-Nishtha
      (Self-Realized Saint) as our Guru we should not change our allegiance to
      another Guru. The spiritual connection or link is eternal. If an
      aspirant tries to break it and runs after all kinds of Siddhas and
      Jnanis, he cannot progress even an inch on the path." - Swami Chidananda