    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2002

      We have uploaded the inspiring biography of Saint Namdev of Maharashtra
      by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. Saint Namdev was a great
      devotee of Lord Krishna who performed many miracles from a young age.
      This biography is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/namdev.htm

      The Divine Life Society of Brazil has launched an online store. All
      Portugese speaking seekers are invited to visit it at:
      http://br.geocities.com/shivanandabr/shoping.htm

      ON ATTACHMENT: The Master was seen walking very slowly, almost limping.
      His gait was always majestic even if he was unwell. Noticing the
      curiosity of the disciples, he said, "In all these sixty-two years I
      have not worn these."

      He pointed to the sandals he was wearing.

      "My shoes started pinching and I saw small eruptions on my feet. So I am
      trying these sandals. But being unaccustomed to them, I feel a strange
      uneasiness. I feel as though they will slip off. I have to grip them
      tightly with my toes.

      "Man is born with nothing in this world. The child gets a toy and grips
      it tightly lest it should lose it. The boy gets a piece of chocolate and
      holds it securely. The man grips to himself his wife, children,
      property, position and prestige. He is afraid lest he should lose them.
      These are the glamorous objects that allure the human being. Once he
      throws them away and rests in his own essential divine nature, he is at
      peace."

      "Always recite the Name of the Lord. Constantly remember Him. Hear His
      glory. Meditate on the Lord in your heart. Serve the Lord with your
      hands. Place your head at His lotus feet. Do Kirtan. You will forget
      your hunger and thirst. The Lord will be near you. You will attain
      immortality and eternal bliss." - Namdev