    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2001

      The sixteenth day ceremony of the Mahasamadhi of Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji Maharaj was observed on the 8th of December. Sri Naoki
      Takagaki has taken some pictures and video clips of this event and has
      made it available for us at:
      http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~waiting/8dec2001/8dec2001.htm

      The 2nd Global International Divine Life Conference is in deficit of 50
      lakhs, i.e. 5 million rupees. Funds are urgently needed to make this
      event a success. Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji will be at the
      conference. Everyone is kindly invited to attend the conference and send
      as much sponsorship as possible for the event. Funds (bank draft,
      cashier's check) may be made in favour of 2nd GIDLSC and sent to:
      Chidananda Ghat,
      Madhusudan Nagar,
      Tulsipur,
      Cuttak-753 008,
      Orissa, India.

      WHAT IS RISKLESS?: Deputy Collector Dwaraka Singji met the Master on the
      Swarg Ashram road along the Ganges bank. After the usual enquiries he
      told the Master, "Swamiji, I have a number of your invaluable books. I
      follow your instructions as far as I can. I practise Asanas also. But,
      Swamiji, I am at present about fifty-five years old.

      Can I do Sirshasana without any risk?"

      "Of course you can."

      "But, Swamiji, some people say that we should not practise Sirshasana
      after a certain age and that there is some risk in doing so."

      "What is without risk, Maharaj? While you walk on the road, you may be
      knocked down by a car. While you ride in a boat, it may capsize and you
      may get drowned. Still you go on doing these things.

      "Practise Sirshasana with the help of a wall for a few seconds. Try. If
      it does you any good, continue the practice and increase the period. If
      you notice any ill-effects, stop it."

      In the meantime a passer-by pundit approached the Master with an air of
      learning and commenced a mild discourse in Sanskrit. The Master simply
      looked at him. Just at that very moment another pundit, known to the
      Master, was approaching from the opposite direction. The Master
      introduced one to the other. They soon entered into a heated discussion.
      The Master smiled significantly and walked on.

      Sri Dwaraka Singji immediately understood the import and said, "You have
      done the right thing, Swamiji. Let them fight!"

      "I do not know why people waste their energy in idle discussions. One
      should be absolutely practical," rejoined the Master.