    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2001

      We have uploaded a very nice mini biography of Sri Swami Krishnanandaji
      by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/discourse/dec2001.htm

      The Guestbook for Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj is now open for
      devotees who would like to share their feelings about Sri Swamiji
      Maharaj. Swamiji's guestbook is at:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/guestbook.html

      CHARITY BY FORCE: "Padmanabhan Swamiji, please write to Durga Saranji
      for a good parcel of khaja. Inform him that our family is very big and
      that he should send a lot."

      A disciple wondered why the Master should ask for this sweetmeat.

      Reading his thought, the Master said, "This is one kind of charity for
      people like Durga Saranji. And this is my method of making people do
      charity. If they do not give voluntarily, I will take them by the ear
      and make them do some charity. Do you think we long for this sweetmeat?
      All sweetmeats are the same; they are all a permutation and combination
      of sugar, dhal and ghee. But this is one of the methods of enabling
      Durga Saranji to give and so purify his heart and evolve."

      "The story of Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj, after 1948, is just one of a
      Jivanmukta enjoying the Sahaja-Samadhi-Avastha. It is the story of Jada
      Bharata retold. Radiating peace and bliss, he lives in Sivanandashram in
      a state of Continuous Self-Awareness. All service is welcome to him;
      though he does not desire to do this or that. When the flower blossoms,
      bees rush to it; they do not need invitation. Similarly, Krishnanandaji
      has without the least ostentation drawn to himself many aspirants and
      seekers after Truth from all parts of the world; to them all, he has
      become a Guru. He guides Sadhakas not only in Jnana-yoga and Vedantic
      Sadhana, but in other branches of Yoga as well. He is himself an adept
      in Hatha Yoga, a master of Raja-Yoga and a great Bhakta of Lord Krishna.
      He is a master of the Yoga of Synthesis propounded by His Holiness Sri
      Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj; and is today a wonderful replica of the
      Master." - Swami Chidananda