    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2001

      There were a couple of announcements made by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji in the October issue of the Divine Life magazine. The first
      is regarding Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji's misconduct and the second is
      regarding Sri Gunvant Vaghelaji being the official representative of the
      Divine Life Society in Australia. These announcements have been posted
      at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/announce/oct2001ann1.htm
      and
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/announce/oct2001ann2.htm
      respectively.

      A report of the Yoga-Vedanta Forest Academy Press' 50th Anniversary
      celebration has been posted at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/announce/oct2001rep1.htm

      We have also posted "Sri Prasannakumar C. Mandokji In Memoriam" at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/announce/oct2001mem1.htm

      Sri Prasannakumar C. Mandokji is a staunch devotee of Sri Gurudev and
      was a Trustee of The Divine Life Society.

      ON LOVING SERVICE: "Om Namo Narayanaya! How are you, Sankochanandaji
      Maharaj? Are you not taking your alms here nowadays?"

      "No, Swamiji, I prefer to go to the alms-house. It gives me a good
      exercise also."

      The Master at once understood that Sankochanandaji was fighting shy
      (hence the name Sankochanandaji), of taking his alms in the Ashram.

      When he had left, the Master turned to those present and said, "See, in
      his case we have failed. Why does he feel shy to come and sit in the
      dining hall? It is because our behaviour towards him has not been very
      cordial and courteous. He is an old and venerable Sannyasin who has led
      the life of Sannyas for the last thirty years. The very presence of such
      Sannyasins adds to the Ashram's dignity.

      "You should not think that everyone should do the same type of work that
      you do. Sweeping with the broom alone is not Karma Yoga. God has
      bestowed different faculties on different people. They should be
      utilised in the best possible manner in His service. Sankochanandaji can
      sing beautifully and thrill the audience with his Bhajans and Kirtans.
      Can you do so, Balan Swamiji?"

      "No, Swamiji."

      "At the same time he cannot write the thrilling articles and notes that
      you can. Each one has special virtues and qualifications. Therefore, we
      should not have the same yardstick for all.

      "Even the mere fact that he is a good Sannyasin of long standing, should
      be sufficient to inspire us. One man should take tea to his room,
      another give him some fruit and milk, and a third should go with food.
      Then he will understand that he is loved by all the people here. Now he
      will come into our dining hall of his own accord and take food."

      The Ashramites listening to the Master resolved to act up to his advice
      immediately.

      "Remember that all your talents, all your wealth, all your possessions
      are gifts of God. God has given them to you to serve the poor, the
      destitute and the suffering." - Swami Sivananda