    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2001

      Wednesday, October 17th marks the beginning of the nine day worship of
      Divine Mother. There are several articles on our website about the
      worship of the Divine Mother. They are:
      1) Navaratri by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/religions/navaratri.htm

      2) God As Mother by Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/download/download.htm#godmother

      3) The Esoteric Significance of the Devi-Mahatmya by Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji Maharaj
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/fest/fest_14.html

      We also thought it would be worthwhile during this time to contemplate
      on the life of a recent manifestation of the Divine Mother on this earth
      plane. As such we uploaded an article on the life of Sri Sri Ananda
      Mayee Ma by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/anandamayee.htm

      A new discourse titled "Inner World" by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji has
      been uploaded to Sri Swamiji's site. Sri Swamiji Maharaj offers many
      useful insights for the spiritual seeker. Some of the subjects that
      Swamiji Maharaj deals with are desires, 'fall' from spiritual life, play
      of the ego, blind faith and other things of concern to the aspirant.
      This is an important read to keep ones spiritual aspirations burning
      brightly. This discourse is at:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_36.html

      PERSEVERE: Dr. Sood had a genuine difficulty which he placed before the
      Master.

      "Swamiji, this time I desire to learn from you the most effective and
      practical method of self-surrender. You have told me several times to
      surrender myself to the Lord and to take everything as His Will. I do
      so, but some terrible occurrence shakes my faith. After some time I
      regain it, only to lose it again in another calamity. This creates a
      great deal of mental restlessness. Swamiji, kindly let me know the
      secret which will enable me to get established in self-surrender."

      "Repeated practice," replied the Master.

      Then he kept silent for a considerable time. Dr. Sood and all others
      around were also in deep thought.

      "Assert the spirit of surrender frequently. Pity yourself when you
      express faithlessness. Try always to live in Him through constant
      remembrance and Japa. Try to check the impulse to swerve from faith,
      before a doubt can arise. Gradually the obstacles will vanish and you
      will get well established in total self-surrender."

      "There have been numerable times when I had Sri Sri Ananda Mayee Ma’s
      darshan during her birthday celebrations. Every time I found I was
      standing in the presence of an impersonal Divine Being. She was a great
      light, a spiritual luminary in India, for India and for the whole world
      in this century." - Swami Chidananda