    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2001

      We have uploaded a discourse by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji
      titled "What Gurudev Is For Us". In this discourse Guru Maharaj expounds
      on Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji's contribution to humanity. This
      discourse is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/discourse/sep2001.htm

      I just returned from Alaska on Aug 31. Please give me a week to respond
      to e-mails that you may have sent during my absence.

      LOVE OF SERVICE: In the afternoon the Ashramites had to perform the
      Ayudha Puja by assembling all the cameras, typewriters, movie equipment,
      projectors, etc., near the Diamond Jubilee hall. The Master joined in
      the worship. After the function was over he stood near the entrance,
      visibly admiring the grand array of machines.

      "Very impressive, is it not?" the Master was heard saying to Srimathi
      Liliane. "A hundred typewriters here means Nirvikalpa Samadhi to me!"

      "Austerity does not mean that you smear your body with ash and dust.
      Serve, love, give, purify, meditate, realise; be good, do good. This is
      austerity." - Swami Sivananda