    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2001

      We have uploaded a book by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj titled
      "Philosophy of Dreams". In this book we have Gurudev's inspiring and
      enlightened thoughts on the interesting subject of dreams. This book can
      be downloaded from:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/download/download.htm#dream

      A discourse by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji titled "The Fourth Dimension in
      Psychology" has been uploaded to Sri Swamiji's site at:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_34.html

      I am going to be away in Alaska, USA for the next one week and may not
      be able to reply to e-mails received during this period.

      WORSHIPPING THE DIVINE MOTHER: The Kanyakas (young girls) were being
      worshipped in the Bhajan hall in the traditional fashion. It was a sight
      to see the Master himself doing the Arati to these children, reverently
      placing flowers on their heads and singing hymns in praise of the Divine
      Mother whose embodiments they were.

      A small baby was also in the group. An Ashramite tried to cajole the
      baby to eat a piece of sweetmeat from his hands. The child stoutly
      refused the offer and actually brushed aside the proffered hand. Only
      from her own sister would she accept it.

      A little while later, when all had forgotten the incident, the Master
      was enquiring of each child what she wanted. And when the baby's turn
      came the Master knelt before it. He took a piece of sweetmeat and,
      smiling at the child, moved his hand towards its mouth, which
      automatically opened for the prasad!

      "Profound wisdom comes through reflection on dreams. No one has known
      himself truly who has not studied his dreams. The study of dreams shows
      how mysterious is our soul. Dreams reveal to us that aspect of our
      nature, which transcends rational knowledge. Every dream presentation
      has a meaning. A dream is like a letter written in an unknown language."
      - Swami Sivananda