  • Guduru NavinDas
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2001

      Two new items have been uploaded to Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's website.
      The first is the "Mundaka Upanishad". Among the Upanishads, the Mundaka
      is regarded as one of the most important. It throws a flood of light on
      the Jnana Marga (path of Knowledge) and leads the aspirant to the
      highest rung in the ladder of Jnana. The second is a poem titled
      "Hanuman in Lanka". These articles can be accessed from:

      Two new books by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji have been released at the
      Sivananda Ashram. They are "Sadhana the Spiritual Way" and "Mundaka
      Upanishad". They can be purchased from our online bookstore at:

      Paypal, our credit card processing agent, has begun to accept credit
      cards from a few more countries including India. You can go to our
      website above for the updated list.

      A wonderful Divine Life Society site in Spanish has been launched by
      Teresa Decker and Enrique Gallinal. This is at:

      I will be away in Iceland and Greenland for my research work until late
      June. During this period Sri Navin Dasji will be managing our mailing
      list. Sri Navin Dasji's e-mail address is navindas@.... Please
      also send a copy to navin_das@... when corresponding.

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      ON ADMISSION TO THE ASHRAM: "Narayana Swamiji, you know, there is a
      Brahmachari who has today come from South India. It appears he knows a
      lot about cement work. He met a Sadhu on his way and got initiation from
      him into Brahmacharya. He appears to be a decent young man. Let him
      remain here. I have told him that he will have to work also, and he has
      readily agreed."

      Due to several reasons it had been decided to restrict admission of
      aspirants into the Ashram. Therefore, when the Master gave the above
      instructions, everyone present felt uneasy, perhaps at the thought that
      the Brahmachari may not be admitted by the Ashram committee.

      The Master sensed their feelings and said, "You cannot judge at the very
      first sight whether an aspirant will turn out to be good or not.
      Paramanandaji also came in this manner and later on he proved to be a
      dynamic selfless worker. Several others came, and they left also because
      they had neither the zeal to work nor the aspiration to tread the
      spiritual path. My policy has always been this: let the doors of the
      Ashram be open to all. The undesirables will either go away of their own
      accord or be sent away by someone or the other in the Ashram. It is all
      His business."

      "Concentrate your entire attention on the work on hand. Live this day
      well. Yesterday has joined the hoary past, a finished product upon which
      you need bestow no more attention. Tomorrow is yet a long way off and it
      will bring with it time enough for its work. Forget the past, ignore the
      future. Live in the present; the future will take care of itself." -
      Swami Sivananda

      Swami Chidananda invites you to the 2nd Global International
      Divine Life Society Conference
      30th December 2001 - 2nd January 2002 at
      Cuttack, Orissa, INDIA