    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17 9:32 AM
      Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 17:04:12 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pkanagar@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (22)

      The Divine Life Society, Petaling sub-branch (Swami Sivananda Spiritual
      Centre) based in Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia has launched an
      internet homepage at http://www.mol.net.my/sssc/

      The web page has among others, information on Swami Sivananda's Centenary
      Charitable Hospital at Pattamadai, Tamil Nadu, India. Click on 'Service to
      Humanity' to learn more about the hospital and how you can help support
      it.

      Yours in service of Gurudev,

      Pannir

      ______________________________________

      TACT AND ADAPTABILITY: A lady devotee of the Master could sing well. The
      Master said to her, "Your daughter is intelligent. Why dont you teach her
      music?"

      "She would not learn anything from me," replied the lady.

      Her daughter who was present said, "In the name of teaching she scolds
      me."

      The Master pacified her, saying, "What harm is there if your mother scolds
      you?"

      "Whenever I teach her she thinks I am scolding her," said the mother.

      Then the Master said, "You must have scolded her once, otherwise why will
      she be having the impression that you scold her. You must discover another
      method of dealing with her.

      We must find out the nature of other people and adapt ourselves to them.
      Mere scolding does not produce results. There is a lady here who cannot
      appreciate wit. I understand her nature and am careful in avoiding humor
      in her presence. Like this we must study the tastes and nature of others
      and move among them tactfully."

      "The elimination of ego is the sole condition of Self-realisation." -
      Swami Sivananda