Gujarat Earthquake Relief Efforts

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2001

      I am forwarding herewith a message from our Divine Life Society branch at
      Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Please help with the relief efforts. Please also offer
      the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra below to the Lord to relief the suffering of
      those afflicted.

      Om tryambakam yajamahe
      sugandhim pushtivardhanam
      uurvarukamiva bandhanaan
      mrityor mukshiya maamritaat.

      MEANING

      We worship the three-eyed One (Lord Siva) Who is fragrant and Who
      nourishes well all beings; may He liberate us from death for the sake of
      immortality even as the cucumber is severed from its bondage (to the
      creeper).

      BENEFITS

      This Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is a life-giving Mantra. In these days,
      when life is very complex and accidents are an everyday affair, this
      Mantra wards off death by snake-bite, lightning, motor-accidents,
      fire-accidents, cycle-accidents, water-accidents, air-accidents and
      accidents of all descriptions. Besides, it has a great curative effect.
      Again diseases pronounced incurable by doctors are cured by this Mantra,
      when chanted with sincerity, faith and devotion. It is a weapon against
      disease. It is a Mantra to conquer death.